Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just a Bill

I know I am dating myself and revealing my advanced age (yes, people can and do live past the age of 30), but when I was growing up I always enjoyed watching the Saturday afternoon cartoons. Not for the cartoons, mind you, except Roadrunner (as I always cheered for Wile E. Coyote to capture and consume that annoying bird [and thanks to Time Warner for rehashing it!]). No, back in the day, way back in the wagonwheel era, before TiVo, before DVD and video recording, before even the remote control (at least in my household), I watched tv on Saturdays to see the Schoolhouse Rock PSAs. There were literally dozens of them, typically a few minutes in length (aired between shows), covering just about every issue of the day (spelling, math, politics, history), and they were written with such catchy tunes that they became implanted in your consciousness. My personal favorite was always I'm Just a Bill. Thankfully, I am not the only one who feels this way.

2 comments:

Steve Johnson said...

Hey age means nothing. I'm 18 and love this series. We used to watch the grammar ones in elementary school. These songs are so catchy.

TA said...

Hey, that's great! I didn't know they were still showing them. My nieces have never heard of these programs, so I guess their school district doesn't show them. I'm glad to see that there are some that still do.