Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm Back...

I have not posted in a long while, almost five months. Life intervened. I do not want to give all of the gory details, but I work a busy schedule, with classes year around (since academia does not give non-tenured staff much of a choice with the pay we receive [compelling us to chase for dollars to pay off the mountainous servitude of debts one must accrue to acquire all of my degrees]), and publication work, etc. I work seven days a week, and I do not have a lot of free time, or as much as I did when I wrote this blog more regularly for the past two years.

I want to post again, but I should state upfront that it will not be as frequent as before work took away most of what constitutes my life. I do not like to complain, as I love my job, and Judas knows I am hardly the only indebted ex-grad student in this country. It is a sad commentary on the world we live in, but I at least have a job and the means to pay my economic overlords.

I will continue to post on politics and culture as I see fit. If you take the time to stop by and visit, and read what I write, I thank you.

No comments: