Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sarah Palin and the Ride of Paul Revere


I love living in this country and I love living in these times.  Not because I enjoy seeing my country descend into its coming post-imperial slide, which will ultimately bankrupt and doom us in the coming century.  No, I enjoy watching just how much dumber right-wing politicians in the US act (or pretend to act) to garner the votes of those who think a 2,000 year old carpenter is coming back at any moment.



I am sure Samuel Adams appreciated ole Paul ringing bells and shooting off guns to inform the British that they were not taking our firearms!  Well, you have to give Sarah this much.  At least she did not say that the revolution started in Concord, New Hampshire.  She has a ways to go to catch up with Michele Bachmann.  Maybe next week Sarah can tell us how Benedict Arnold won the Battle of Yorktown by firing the beheaded carcases of atheists out of cannons at the British.  Goddess bless America.

No comments: